Tuesday 23 June 2009

Peace and justice now

Let me dispel some myths. Emet from Jerusalem asked me if I knew of Saudi funding for a lobby group. Yes, it exists, but only for Saudi interests that do not cater for Palestinian/Israeli issues. The blogs coming out of Israel, regarding the CMJR conference in Cambridge, are of a highly derogatory nature, verging on slander.We have all had to pay out of our own pockets to attend, no Arab funding has been available that I know of; I am broke for the rest of the week.

I do not condone kidnapping or assassination, but for the record, the Palestinians do not own Predator Drones, tanks, F16's and the ability to strike at will, with the support of American military satellites. Who is David; who is Goliath ?

Why does Israel sell Palestinian property to private hands ? A last, desperate stand to prevent the Right to Return ? Why does Israel not build on it's own land ? Why the West Bank ?

Compare the universities that both sides have. See a difference ? An entire people have been put in concentration camps, I can find no other description. Now Israel comes sniveling because the US Congress has had enough. Read Shallitt's memoirs, (buy Haaretz) an ex Israeli Prime and Foreign Minister. The truth is all coming out and I will not be distracted by red herrings, stay focussed on the real issues and let's resolve this painful, unjust situation, in a peaceful manner; because, resolved, it shall be, no matter which side wishes it to be. Titus Livius.

No comments:

Post a Comment